[Geany-devel] Git switch

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Jun 13 10:55:42 UTC 2010

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 06:50:57 +0200, Thomas wrote:

> Maybe it would be a good idea to find some hosting which also has a
> bug tracker, otherwise it would seem strange to stick to sourceforge
> for bugs but XY.com for the code hosting. Has anyone tried the
> sourceforge git hosting?

Ah, that raises the topic of using other bug tracking tools than
Sourceforge's one :).
We discussed this somewhere in the past already, to make it short:
Sourceforge's bug tracker isn't that intuitive nor fast nor ideal. But
it has the big advantage people don't need to register to file bug
reports while it is still mostly spam-free (no idea why but it's nice).
I didn't see any alternative so far while I'd like to switch to
bugzilla actually. But well, there are more important problems out
there.