[Geany-devel] Broken plugin autofools (Was: [ANNOUNCE] gproject - yet another geany project plugin)

Chow Loong Jin hyperair at xxxxx
Thu Jun 10 16:21:36 UTC 2010

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 17:29:26 +0200
Jiří Techet <techet at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 08:23, Chow Loong Jin <hyperair at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:16:53 +1000
> > Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Chow,
> >>
> >> remembering that I'm AC_illiterate :) the problem seems to be that
> >> plugins configure where they install based on where geany's
> >> pkg-config says, ignoring what the --prefix option says.
> >>
> >> The --prefix should override the standard location
> >
> > Ah yes, there was that issue. My intention was for it to use
> > Geany's prefix, simply because there really isn't a point in
> > stuffing plugins where you don't have a Geany installation. e.g.
> > Geany in /usr, but geany-plugins at /usr/local would cause some
> > confusion. Hence, what was done was:
> >
> > 1. autodetect Geany's ${pkglibdir} and install plugins in there.
> > 2. Allow manual specification of Geany's prefix by
> > --with-geany-prefix=/some/other/path
> >
> > Come to think of it, I don't really remember why I wanted to use
> > --with-geany-prefix separately from --prefix. Perhaps
> > --with-geany-prefix's functionality should be shifted to --prefix
> > instead. What do you think? That should fix all your issues.
>
> You can have a look what I do in gproject:
>
> http://gitorious.org/gproject/mainline/blobs/master/configure.ac
> http://gitorious.org/gproject/mainline/blobs/master/src/Makefile.am
>
> I would say it's sufficient this way, or do you see some problem
> there?

You also need to export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=${libdir}/geany prior to
PKG_CHECK_MODULES, so that you get the correct GEANY_CFLAGS and
GEANY_LIBS (otherwise it'll take the system-wide one for compiling).

--
Kind regards,
Chow Loong Jin