[Geany-devel] project API - Re: project build dialog - Re: [ANNOUNCE] gproject - yet another geany project plugin

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Jun 10 16:20:48 UTC 2010

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 18:10:57 +0200
Jiří Techet <techet at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Otherwise it's a mess e.g. with project indentation settings.
>
> Glad you said it first, I feel I have been too negative in the past

I didn't mean Geany's implementation is a mess, I meant if a plugin
overrode the project support it would have to reimplement indent
settings in a dialog.

> two days ;-). I also don't understand why there are the "editor"
> options like maximal column width. This seems quite an arbitrary
> option taken from the preferences dialog. With such logic you could
> put almost anything from preferences into project. I would just remove
> it. (On the other hand I understand the indent options, they are
> definitely useful.)

It's useful to override some things which change from project to
project, we think there should be more project override prefs but we
haven't got around to it yet. The long line marker override was sent as
a patch and it seems useful.

Regards,
Nick