[Geany-devel] project API - Re: project build dialog - Re: [ANNOUNCE] gproject - yet another geany project plugin

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Jun 10 15:39:50 UTC 2010

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 17:24:39 +0200
Jiří Techet <techet at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. the GeanyProject structure should be private for the project
> implementation and contain those things that are relevant to the
> session-project (I have similar private structure for my project)
> 2. app->project should contain a structure GeanyProjectSettings that
> contains only those members relevant for geany (from looking at the
> sources, it's mainly base_path - I've seen also file_name and
> build_filetypes_list, but I'm not sure if these are so much
> necessary).
> 3. plugins should be able to change the members of app->project (or
> just replace it)

BTW, Structure fields in the API are there to avoid having to add
setter/getter functions.

I still think that Geany's project support should not be overridden by
plugins, only augmented. E.g. maybe a plugin could disable session
management, but Geany still decides when to open and close a project.

Otherwise it's a mess e.g. with project indentation settings.

Regards,
Nick