[Geany-devel] OT replace c++ - Re: project build dialog - Re: [ANNOUNCE] gproject - yet another geany project plugin

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Jun 10 11:03:37 UTC 2010

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:44:24 +0200
Jiří Techet <techet at gmail.com> wrote:

> > And you program in C++ !! I'd have thought overriding some entries
> > only would be easy to understand :-)
>
> Yes, but I didn't say I like C++ - I don't. The language is made in a
> completely wrong way. Unfortunately the fact is that it's one of the
> most wide-spread "low-level" OO languages with lots of libraries
> existing for it and programs written in it. But I really hope that one
> day it gets replaced by something like go:
>
> http://golang.org/

Go is not a good replacement for C++, try D. Some people say Go is a
good replacement for C.

Regards,
Nick