[Geany-devel] [ANNOUNCE] gproject - yet another geany project plugin

Chow Loong Jin hyperair at xxxxx
Thu Jun 10 06:53:56 UTC 2010

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 10:54:46 +1000
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Sigh, this isn't your fault, but I have problems with installing
> >> unknown software to system directories and plugins autofools is broken
> >> WRT installing to a non-standard prefix, waf build works if your
> >> plugin had a wscript.
> >>

> > And I dislike using non-standard solutions (as standard I consider
> > autotools, despite all its drawbacks), so we have a nice deadlock here
> > :-).
>
> Your prerogative, but it means that I won't test your plugin.

I have a great solution to break this deadlock. How about putting the plugin
into the geany-plugins combined project, and allowing us to collaboratively
maintain both the waf and autotools build systems?

As it is currently, Enrico does most of the work maintaining the waf build
system, and I, autotools.

Putting your plugin into the combined geany-plugins project will also mean that
your plugin will then have synchronized releases with Geany, and get packaged
into major distributions easier as well. A win all round, don't you think? :-)

--
Kind regards,
Chow Loong Jin