[Geany-devel] Broken plugin autofools (Was: [ANNOUNCE] gproject - yet another geany project plugin)

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Wed Jun 9 15:20:55 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 16:56, Chow Loong Jin <hyperair at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 23:22:51 +1000
> Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Sigh, this isn't your fault, but I have problems with installing
>> unknown software to system directories and plugins autofools is broken
>> WRT installing to a non-standard prefix, waf build works if your
>> plugin had a wscript.

Ah, I think I just misread this paragraph - there were really many
strange things in the geanyprj configure.ac (e.g. make distcheck
didn't work because of the hardcoded plugin directory) - that's why I
modified it quite heavily and installing to arbitrary prefix should
work (at least make distcheck, which tests this, works now).

Regards,

Jiri