[Geany-devel] Git - Re: [ANNOUNCE] gproject - yet another geany project plugin

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Wed Jun 9 13:36:32 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 15:06, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 13:06:45 +0200
> Jiří Techet <techet at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > Sure its easier if everyone is using git, but ATM this is an SVN project.
>> >

>> It's true that I've used the workflow typical for a git project - from
>> geany web page, which offers both git and SVN repository I assumed
>> that I can chose either of them. If git is not supposed to be used,
>> then it should be removed from there because this makes things
>> confusing (or at least there should be a warning saying: "Don't use
>> the following git repository").
>
> It's pretty clear from the GIT page that it's a read-only mirror. We
> don't have a writable GIT repo.

OK, I've just noticed:

"Read-only mirrors of the SVN repositories, updated shortly after real
commits in the SVN repository."

But then I don't see the point of providing it if you cannot pull
other people's clones of your repo.

>> Anyway, no problem for me to provide the changes in the form of
>> individual patches. I'll just wait for the main developer's opinion on
>> this before spamming with additional emails.
>
> Individual patches are better. That saves us time. Just looking
> through a Git repository isn't a good way to explain changes.

OK, will send them later today

Regards,

Jiri