[Geany-devel] switch dialog bug - Re: [ANNOUNCE] gproject - yet another geany project plugin

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Wed Jun 9 13:10:22 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 14:56, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Jun 2010 18:59:35 +0200
> Jiří Techet <techet at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> And this fix should definitely go to 0.19:
>>
>> http://gitorious.org/~techy/geany/techys-geany/commit/62deb4ec5c2b8de4d0979c55f853f529efde223f
>>
>> I think I didn't properly describe this one in the commit log - there
>> is a 600ms interval in which the panel displaying the current file
>> name isn't displayed. If you switch tabs with a keybinding and do it
>> too quickly (press it twice in the 600ms period), the wrong file is
>> put on top of the stack. The patch could be smaller but I found the
>> code a little confusing so I tried to make it clearer a bit.
>
> Thanks for finding & fixing the bug. However, I'm not sure we should
> put this in the release as the bug isn't too important and the fix
> changes quite a bit of code.

Sure, as you wish. On the other hand I've been using geany with this
modification for 2 months without any problem (and I find this feature
quite important as I work with lots of files and want to be able to
switch between them reliably) while before the tab switching just
didn't work for me.

> BTW, why do you destroy the dialog instead of hiding it?

It's just that I can write

if (switch_dialog)

instead of

if (switch_dialog && GTK_WIDGET_VISIBLE(switch_dialog))

but I can change that if your preference is different.

Regards,

Jiri