[Geany-devel] linear time tag manager - Re: [ANNOUNCE] gproject - yet another geany project plugin

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Wed Jun 9 12:58:38 UTC 2010

On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 23:38:19 +0200
Jiří Techet <techet at gmail.com> wrote:

> * for big projects I'd like to create some basic ctags support. The
> tag manager used by geany is totally unusable for big projects because
> building the object hierarchy has quadratic to exponential complexity.
> I need a simple tag support that works in linear time.

Wouldn't it be better to fix tagmanager (if possible) to work faster -
what is the cause of the non-linear behaviour - is it resorting?

Regards,
Nick