[Geany-devel] more project settings [multiple instance behaviour]

Eugene Arshinov earshinov at xxxxx
Fri Jun 4 08:13:39 UTC 2010

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 12:17:38 +1000%
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4 June 2010 03:11, Dimitar Zhekov <dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > Taking point from the proposition to merge the recent files, what do
> > you think about considering the recent files a logical part of the
> > file list, and load/save the open/recent file lists together? This
> > way, we will have better/more recent files (one set for each
> > project) without the need to override geany.conf on each file
> > open/close. N.B. Since the list will be handled together, "Project
> > based session files" will affect the recent file list too.
>
> Would suit me, depends on what other people think.

This is a good alternative to "global recent files list" approach I described.

> > Per-project interface settings (mostly the interface layout) seems
> > reasonable too IMHO. I have several programming projects, and the
> > message window/side bar are very convinient for them. But for my
> > other projects, one with XSMP documentation/snippets and another
> > with BDF files, the message window/side bar are practically useless.
>
> Ditto.

Not currently needed by me, but I'm sure it would be useful.

> > As a side effect, if per-project recent files and interface settings
> > are implemented, Eugene's sm will be able to restore the Geany-s
> > state better. Isn't it time to make the two sm-s functionally more
> > similar, so we could choose one based on the implementation only?
>
> Agree, that is part of what the list in the other thread was intended
> to do and why I was trying to define it in terms of user visible
> behaviour, so I'm all for this.

The more similar the two versions are, the better.  And, I agree, that
would make it simpler to see their differences.

Best regards,
Eugene.