[Geany-devel] more project settings [multiple instance behaviour]

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Thu Jun 3 17:11:57 UTC 2010

Hi.

Taking point from the proposition to merge the recent files, what do
you think about considering the recent files a logical part of the
file list, and load/save the open/recent file lists together? This
way, we will have better/more recent files (one set for each project)
without the need to override geany.conf on each file open/close.
N.B. Since the list will be handled together, "Project based session
files" will affect the recent file list too.

Per-project interface settings (mostly the interface layout) seems
reasonable too IMHO. I have several programming projects, and the
message window/side bar are very convinient for them. But for my
other projects, one with XSMP documentation/snippets and another
with BDF files, the message window/side bar are practically useless.

As a side effect, if per-project recent files and interface settings
are implemented, Eugene's sm will be able to restore the Geany-s
state better. Isn't it time to make the two sm-s functionally more
similar, so we could choose one based on the implementation only?

--
E-gards: Jimmy