[Geany-devel] msgwin_*_visible preferences

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Thu Jul 8 17:42:36 UTC 2010

Hi,

In keyfile.c there are 4 preferences: msgwin_status_visible,
msgwin_compiler_visible, msgwin_messages_visible and
msgwin_scribble_visible. They are currently hidded, but not
documented as such, and are grouped with the Interface preferences. As
aconsequence, using Edit -> Preferences or quitting Geany writes them
into geany.conf, so you must stop all geanys to change any of these.

Nick did some research: Enrico added msgwin_*_visible six months ago,
with the intent to include them in the preferences dialog.

> r4500 | eht16 | 2009-12-20 20:07:52 +0000 (Sun, 20 Dec 2009) | 1 line
> Add preferences for hiding single tabs from the messages window (no GUI
> preferences yet, still to be implemented).

My question is: do you need these in the Preferences dialog? If not,
it'll be good to at least make them "officially" hidden.

Personally I can live without yet another 4 checkboxes in the dialog,
and so can Nick.

--
E-gards: Jimmy