[Geany-devel] altername session management implementation

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Sun Jul 4 11:07:27 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 13:20:09 +0400
Eugene Arshinov <earshinov at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I checked that relative paths do not work, even if
> > > SmCurrentDirectory is properly set.  Ordinary users rarely run
> > > programs using relative paths, but still.
> >
> > With xfce, and SmCurrentDirectory specified, they are OK. As of
> > GNOME... *sigh* I don't like to be harsh, but it has the worst XSM
> > support [...]
> >
> > So if you feel like writing support for it... I do
> > not.
> >

> No, I don't like it, but there are some GNOME users out there :)

Well, I guess we can somehow check if Geany is running under GNOME,
and if so, delete the SM-file on normal (non-session) Geany quit. And
place a note in the documentation: "under GNOME, specific versions of
Geany should be run with absolute path if you want them restored on the
next restart".

Since you are running GNOME, can you look at the environment variables
for something specific?

--
E-gards: Jimmy