[Geany-devel] Patches required by gproject

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Jul 2 13:59:26 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 15:15:44 +0200
Jiří Techet <techet at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I applied your patch though so that plugins can add messages before FIF
> > is used. Although if a plugin is doing that then we should probably add
> > a function to set msgwindow.find_in_files_dir (and also rename it
> > to messages_dir) so plugins don't have to use absolute paths.
>
> Actually I already did the very same thing :-) - I just used different
> name than messages_dir, but messages_dir is better than the name I
> used so I'll rename it. I've also modified gproject to extend the
> current project functionality rather than replacing it and made
> several more changes that fix/improve functionality of geany. I'm just
> not sure how to send the patches - many of them change something in
> project.c so they depend on each other. Do you prefer to send them to
> the mailing list (but then you have to apply them in the right order)
> or is it enough  if I publish them in the form of public git
> repository (easier for me and easier for you too I believe).

I'd prefer patches, but I don't mind looking at some Git commits first
to save the bother of redoing patches in case anything should be
changed.

Regards,
Nick