[Geany-devel] Questions about Geany project support

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Jan 24 13:36:53 UTC 2010

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 17:17:02 +0300, Eugene wrote:

>On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 16:54:30 +0100%
>Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 22:19:33 +0300, Eugene wrote:
>> >
>> ><...>
>> >
>> >Thank you, Dominic and Enrico, for your opinions. I have a little
>> >patch to fix this issue (attached).
>> >
>> >As an alternative, I have a completely rewritten
>> >`load_startup_files' function. I wrote it to understand all the
>> >conditions which were in the original implementation. My function
>> >is *MUCH* more verbose, but I think it can be easier to understand
>> >and modify. I *DID NOT TEST* it, so consider it to be a sketch.
>> >Enrico, if you like this implementation, I can test and update it,
>> >so it can be safely committed.
>>
>> Cool!
>>

>> >I need to know which way (the little patch or the rewritten
>> >function) is accepted as my future questions may require further
>> >modifications of `load_startup_files'.
>>
>> I do like your rewritten function more as it is more clear and more
>> structured. I didn't test it as well yet but I think we should use
>> it. If you don't have more changes it for now, I'll test and commit
>> it then.Thanks!!
>>

>No, I don't have more changes for now. I tested the function a bit
>today, it works as expected (like the version in current trunk except
>the little bug with -s option fixed). The only change I made is that I
>merged two comment lines into one :) So you can use either the function
>code from my previous post or the attached patch.
>
>Before you commit, I'd like to know how the changes would go to "sm"
>branch. It is not so important for me (as I use a local Git repository
>anyway), but it could be important for the one who will commit my
>patches (e.g., probably Nick). Will it be done using SVN merge, or will
>there be separate commits (same patches applied to different branches)?

I just added you to the project at Sourceforge, so you have SVN write
access.

Just commit this patch and your other pending patches into the SM
branch. This way the patches don't get lost and will make
review/testing easier. When you are done and things seem to work, we
can merge the branch into trunk.

Just be sure to follow our coding styles where possible (see HACKING),
this would reduce additional work when merging the changes but I guess
this is pretty obvious :).

Thanks again for your efforts!