[Geany-devel] Moved some LaTeX specific code to geanyLaTeX

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Sat Jan 16 19:49:43 UTC 2010

Hi fans and users of Geany ;)

As not everybody is might not reading the SweetGeany's subversion
announcements inside the IRC channel or the subversion commits mailing
list I just want to inform you about a recent change I did for LaTeX
support on Geany's current subversion version (r4524).

With svn r4524 I moved some of the very LaTeX specific code out of the
Geany core code into geanyLaTeX(1) plugin with svn r1126. At the moment
its about the code, which is auto closing the \begin{] and
\begingroup{} environments.

If you are interested into this changes, please checkout a recent
version of geanyLaTeX plugin via

svn co
https://geany-plugins.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/geany-plugins/trunk/geanylatex/

and compile it against a recent build of Geany. Please take care, as it
will most probable compile with geany plugin API v169, but due its also
depending on removing the function out of Geany itself, it might can
have some funny effect if you didn't ensure to use a version below the
above mentioned svn version. You have been warned ;)

Please also check the documentation (as pdf inside svn inside doc/) for
info how to configure it.

Known issues:
I'm happy nearly everything is working now from inside the plugin - at
least from my current best knowledge.

There is only one piece missing with setting the correct indent on the
closing \end{} or \endgroup{}. So in such a case:

\begin{table}
	\begin{tabular}

the completion for the tabular environment will be without indent so it
will look like:

\end{tabular}
\end{table}

As this is from my point of just annoying, but a non blocker I committed
the changes to subversion for some further peer testing. However
this is getting fixed soon.

Given this, I'd be happy for any feedback, either positive or negative.

Happy TeX'ing
Frank

(1) http://frank.uvena.de/en/Geany/geanylatex/
--