[Geany-devel] Include "auto_brace_check_dup" patch?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Jan 12 18:52:53 UTC 2010

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 10:20:22 +0100, Harold wrote:

>2010/1/10 Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:
>> On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 14:24:10 +0100, Harold wrote:
>>
>>>Dear Geany devs,
>>>
>>>Some time ago I received the attached patch though this list (from
>>>Enrico?). I really love the added functionality to prevent duplicate
>>>automatically added quotes and brackets.
>>>
>>>Can this be added to Geany itself? Ideally this would be activated
>>>with a checkbox in prefs > editor > completions.
>>
>> I'm not sure.
>> If I remember correctly, that patch had issues which should be solved
>> first. But since I don't use the auto completing braces/brackets
>> feature at all, I'm not much motivated to spend a lot of time on it
>> which I don't have :).
>
>The patch works fine for me as is. It's just what you're used to, I
>guess.
>
>The "issue" with this patch was that you're able to overwrite existing
>non-auto-completed characters, but without this patch the autocomplete
>feature is almost unusable to me.
>
>> But it would be cool if anyone with a little time and interest would
>> pick it up and make it ready to use.
>
>Maybe if it's part of Geany it'll attract more attention and gets
>improved sooner? Again: just a guess ;)

Good point.
If I don't forget it, I'll commit the patch later this week (probably
at the weekend), so it gets a more wider testing and ideally a followup
patch to fix the remaining issues.