[Geany-devel] Include "auto_brace_check_dup" patch?

Harold Aling geany at xxxxx
Tue Jan 12 09:20:22 UTC 2010

2010/1/10 Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:
> On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 14:24:10 +0100, Harold wrote:
>
>>Dear Geany devs,
>>
>>Some time ago I received the attached patch though this list (from
>>Enrico?). I really love the added functionality to prevent duplicate
>>automatically added quotes and brackets.
>>
>>Can this be added to Geany itself? Ideally this would be activated
>>with a checkbox in prefs > editor > completions.
>
> I'm not sure.
> If I remember correctly, that patch had issues which should be solved
> first. But since I don't use the auto completing braces/brackets
> feature at all, I'm not much motivated to spend a lot of time on it
> which I don't have :).

The patch works fine for me as is. It's just what you're used to, I guess.

The "issue" with this patch was that you're able to overwrite existing
non-auto-completed characters, but without this patch the autocomplete
feature is almost unusable to me.

> But it would be cool if anyone with a little time and interest would
> pick it up and make it ready to use.

Maybe if it's part of Geany it'll attract more attention and gets
improved sooner? Again: just a guess ;)

-H-