[Geany-devel] geany_debug for plugins patch

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Feb 28 12:36:39 UTC 2010

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 23:04:39 -0800, Tony wrote:

>Here's a patch that allows plugins to use *geany_debug*, for your
>consideration.  I'm not real happy about the way things have to be
>named to conform to the existing conventions (requiring a new struct
>named * GeanyFuncs*, which might be easily confused with struct
>*GeanyFunctions* in plugins.c and plugindata.h), so feel free to muck
>with this if there is a better way.

geany_debug() isn't part of the plugins API as it is intended for
*Geany*'s debug messages.

Plugins could simply use g_message or g_debug or whatever they like.
I don't think it's necessary to add geany_debug() to the plugins API.

Sorry for your wasted efforts :(.