[Geany-devel] Project-specific long line marker position

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Wed Feb 24 13:08:24 UTC 2010

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 18:34:03 +0300
Eugene Arshinov <earshinov at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just implemented $subj. I can't be sure all decisions I made are
> right, so I request a review. There are a couple of screen shots, for
> those who don't like applying patches: [1], [2].

Thanks ;-)

> In the first shot you can see I had to change the preferences dialog. I
> made it so that it would be possible to determine the preferable
> style of the marker (line/background) at any moment. There are some
> cases when it is necessary: for example, a user may disable the marker
> globally, but turn it on for particular project. With prev. version of
> the dialog we wouldn't be able to decide which marker style to use.

OK, looks good.

> I had to tamper GeanyEditor struct a bit. It seems to cause no troubles
> for plugins as GeanyEditor is not exported. Fields 'long_line_*' are
> renamed to corresponding 'long_line_global_*' to emphasize they got
> different semantics.

I think you mean GeanyEditorPrefs, not GeanyEditor. (Although there are
no doc comments, editor_prefs is actually exported so we should
break the ABI also, though perhaps it would be better to just append the
new field instead of inserting).

The project fields should be made private.

Regards,
Nick