[Geany-devel] Little questions

Eugene Arshinov earshinov at xxxxx
Mon Feb 22 23:36:05 UTC 2010

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 00:15:20 +0100%
Colomban Wendling <lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Eugene Arshinov a écrit :
> > 2. There is a strange issue with deleting spaces from the beginning
> > of a line. Suppose you have a file with indentation set to 2 spaces
> > and two lines:
> >
> >   if foo:
> >     bar()
> >
> > If you move cursor after the first space of the second line and
> > press Backspace, you get
> >
> >   if foo:
> >   bar
> >
> > with the cursor just before "bar", not in the beginning of the line.
> > That is weird. Is this a "feature" of Scintilla or Geany? If the
> > latter, which source file I need to fix? :-)
> I this is truly a feature part of "remove indentation rather than
> character part of it", and I'm not sure it should be fixed at all.
> Perhaps it would be OK to delete the *character* the cursor is
> *inside* the indentation level and delete the indentation if at the
> end of an indentation level. [1]
>
> 1. here with "character" I mean one of the character(s) that creates
> the indentation level;
> with "inside", I mean "not at a bound";
> and with "indentation level" I mean the 2 spaces with a 2 space
> indentation: a line starting with 4 space have 2 level of indentation

For me, the following behaviour seems more meaningful. If the
cursor is inside the indentation level, delete this indentation
level, so that new cursor position will be just before the
indentation level or code to the right of the deleted indentation
level. If the cursor is at a boundary, delete the indentation level to
the left of the cursor.

Regards,
Eugene.