[Geany-devel] Little questions

Eugene Arshinov earshinov at xxxxx
Mon Feb 22 22:46:08 UTC 2010

Hi all.

I have a bunch of little questions, some of them are not even related to
Geany. Here they are:

1. There is a little issue with "Automatically continue block comments"
turned on. It inserts comment symbols even if a block comment, which
includes the beginning of the prev. line, is already closed. An
example:

class A {
  virtual void a() = 0;
};
class B {
  /* override */ void a() = {}
   * <<< comment symbol was inserted here

The attached patch checks whether the comment is still active before
automatically continuing it. It seems to work fine for me.

2. There is a strange issue with deleting spaces from the beginning of
a line. Suppose you have a file with indentation set to 2 spaces and
two lines:

  if foo:
    bar()

If you move cursor after the first space of the second line and press
Backspace, you get

  if foo:
  bar

with the cursor just before "bar", not in the beginning of the line.
That is weird. Is this a "feature" of Scintilla or Geany? If the
latter, which source file I need to fix? :-)

3. [unrelated] How do I reply to my own message in a mailing-list? (I
tried to google it without success)

Best regards,
Eugene.