[Geany-devel] Build system branch 2.0

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Feb 15 16:09:02 UTC 2010

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 13:02:05 +0000
Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> > Since any command can be run by the build menu, it can be a long-running
> > command, so why not allow a competent user to decide that it is safe to stop
> > it if its going wrong?

Sorry, my comment about execute commands was not in reply to the
above, only about commands that you don't want to be parsed in the
Compiler tab.

For the stop issue, I don't think a dialog is that bad. How often do
you need to stop things? You could still have a pref, on by default,
for whether to ask/warn the user first or not.

I would prefer for each new 'feature' like stopability or concurrent
commands or whatever to be discussed separately, otherwise it's
difficult to find the best solution. You're saying look at all these
things people might want from the build system, hence a big and
complicated configuration dialog is necessary. I'd prefer to look at it
from where we are, what is needed incrementally.

Regards,
Nick