[Geany-devel] custom formatting for selections 'sent to terminal'

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Sun Dec 26 23:11:58 UTC 2010

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 07:46:37 -0800
Matthew Brush <matthewbrush at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/18/2010 02:51 AM, Liviu Andronic wrote:
> > However, can the VTE be flexible enough to allow certain lines to have
> > a different formatting? I am interested in selections 'sent to
> > terminal': would it be feasible to have an option that would ensure,
> > for example, that any 'selection sent to terminal' would be formatted
> > in red colour in the VTE?
> One way that might work would be to "encode" the text before it's sent
> with color escape sequences that the terminal already recognizes[1].
> I'm not sure if this could be done from a plugin, but it could probably
> be done in Geany's source code, although considering how esoteric  an
> option it is, it seems unlikely to be a desired feature for most.  I
> could be wrong.

I'm not sure something like that is fitting into core, but also not
sure at the moment whether it can be done as a plugin.

Cheers,
Frank
--
Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de>