[Geany-devel] Real-time tag parsing (again) (was Geany FTW - better autocompletion)

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Mon Dec 20 22:44:26 UTC 2010

Still me...

In a close topic, I just found how to fix the suffix of anonymous
strucs/enums symbols in C-style languages, patch attached.

However, I wonder why it was like it was before, was there a reason?
I mean, the variable (contextual_fake_count) pas properly initialized,
but in initialize*Parser() (which is called only once per language).
I feel weird about this being an accident... I see 3 possibilities:
1) it was actually an accident, fixing it is good;
2) the behavior of the tagmanager changed and initialise*Parser() was
used to be called before each parse, so fixing it is good;
3) it was intentional for some reasons, so "fixing" it is probably wrong.

As a possible reason for 3, I'd think that it was perhaps to avoid
having two anonymous symbols with the same name in a workspace. But I
don't see why it'd be a problem to have those "conflicts", since name
clash is not an issue with the TM workspace...

What do you know/think?

Regards,
Colomban