[Geany-devel] Devhelp integration plugin

Matthew Brush matthewbrush at xxxxx
Sat Dec 18 18:00:17 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm writing a plugin which integrates Devhelp documentation browser into
Geany (similar to Anjuta).  The code is currently on my github site:

https://github.com/codebrainz/geany-devhelp

It's working quite well as is, but I can think of some more things to
improve it.  It kinda mangles Geany's notebook layout a fair bit and I'm
not sure what the repercussions of this are (if any) although I'm fairly
satisfied with the results.

It also adds a menu item on the editor's context menu to look up the
current symbol/tag in the built-in devhelp, which is a nice feature
(thanks to b4n for suggesting this on IRC).

Obviously it requires having the Devhelp libraries installed as well as
WebKit GTK.

If anyone has any feedback (especially opinions about the way it lays
out the UI), I would very much appreciate hearing it.  If you don't want
to install it, there's a screen shot in the repository:

https://github.com/codebrainz/geany-devhelp/raw/master/geany-devhelp.png

Thanks for your time,

Matthew Brush (codebrainz)