[Geany-devel] custom formatting for selections 'sent to terminal'

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at xxxxx
Sat Dec 18 10:51:44 UTC 2010

Dear all
This is a bit farfetched, but maybe it is possible. At the moment one
may use custom font, font colour and background colour in the embedded
VTE.

However, can the VTE be flexible enough to allow certain lines to have
a different formatting? I am interested in selections 'sent to
terminal': would it be feasible to have an option that would ensure,
for example, that any 'selection sent to terminal' would be formatted
in red colour in the VTE?

In case you were wondering I am still rambling on R usage. Some R
editors provide custom formatting for inputs and outputs (usually red
and blue, respectively) since it eases the recognition and scrolling
of results. In Geany I'm using a bare bones console (which is great by
me!) and I'm often missing at least some basic formatting. To give you
a visual hint of what I'm seeking, I attach a shot from JGR, another
from Rcmdr, and a third from Geany.

Thank you
Liviu

--