[Geany-devel] Folding problem

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Fri Dec 17 18:02:49 UTC 2010

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 22:04:31 +0000
WILLIAM FRASER <william.fraser at virgin.net> wrote:

> [...] I use
> scintilla_send_message(sci,SCI_GETFOLDLEVEL,iLineNumber,0) to get the fold
> level. For some reason, if there is a call to dialogs_show_msgbox in the
> document-open callback function, then SC_FOLDLEVELHEADERFLAG is set
> appropriately.
>
> Is this a bug? Or does the editor not normally set fold flags until later,
> and the dialogs_show_msgbox simply forces scintilla to display (and so set
> fold flags) earlier than it normally would? [...]

Can't answer your question, but from what I remember about SciTE, it
only uses one scintilla component, and when you switch to another tab,
it does the following (among the other things):

1. Cycles the current file lines and remembers any closed folds.
2. Switches the document.
3. Checks the remembered closed folds for the new document and closes
them.

Or something like that, and there were no special function calls IIRC.
Perhaps you should take a look at SciTE source.

--
E-gards: Jimmy