[Geany-devel] Moving the VTE terminal to the Sidebar

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Wed Dec 15 16:27:35 UTC 2010

Le 15/12/2010 16:30, Matthew Brush a écrit :
> […]
> After work I will try and come up with a better solution that still
> doesn't require patching Geany.  If anyone has any suggestions on how to
> get a handle on the vte frame widget from a plugin that would be great,
> the comments in and around the get_vte_frame() function explain my
> difficulties.
Well, the first idea that comes to my mind is to check if the widget
inside the tab is actually a VTE. I guess there is GObject-like API for
the VTE, such as VTE_IS_TERMINAL(obj), so you can check whether the
packed child in the tab is really the one you're searching for.
Well, take into account that Geany might add a frame/scrolled
window/whatever before the VTE, but you should be able to do the check
correctly.

Regards,
Colomban