[Geany-devel] Windows installer package

Jason Oster jason.oster at xxxxx
Wed Dec 15 15:40:21 UTC 2010

Greetings list!

I've searched the source tree and website for information on how the
installer package is built for Windows.  Specifically, I would like to
know what kind of command line options are available to assist in silent
installations [1].  I figured (naively?) that looking up the the
installer spec/configure/scripts would be the easiest way to find out.

But now I'm at a loss, since even the "Building on Windows" [2] document
on the website does not contain any information on building the
installer package, nor how it is built for the official releases.

On to my questions:  How is the installer package built?  Are there any
command line options for it?  I would like one that disables the
installation of the shortcuts on the Desktop and Quick Launch.

[1] http://wpkg.org/Geany
[2] http://www.geany.org/Support/BuildingOnWin32