[Geany-devel] Moving the VTE terminal to the Sidebar

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at xxxxx
Wed Dec 15 07:20:54 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 12:45 AM, Matthew Brush <matthewbrush at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wrote a simple little plugin which moves the VTE into the sidebar.  The
> purpose/rational is described in the README at:
>
> https://github.com/codebrainz/geany-sidebarterm
>
> You can see a screenshot of the plugin in action here:
>
> https://github.com/codebrainz/geany-sidebarterm/raw/master/sidebarterm_screenshot.png

Nice, thanks for working on this. I think it will be useful in my
working with Geany. The plug-in configures, builds and loads fine in
Geany 0.20 (svn >= r5478), but I cannot find a way to actually move
vte to sidebar.

> If you care to test it out, either get the source from the github repository
> linked above or from this tarball:
>
> https://github.com/downloads/codebrainz/geany-sidebarterm/sidebarterm-0.0.1.tar.gz
>
> I'm not very good with Autotools yet, but it seems to
> configure/compile/install fine here.
>
> I've also made an attempt to modify the Geany source itself in order to add
> an option to choose the terminal location from the preferences dialog,

I cannot find this pref (although it should probably be located in
'Edit > Plugins Prefs' dialogue). Any suggestions?

Regards
Liviu