[Geany-devel] When is the scintilla component going to be updated?

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Aug 10 00:49:43 UTC 2010

On 10 August 2010 09:34, Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+tools at mega-nerd.com> wrote:
> Dominic,
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> Dominic Hopf wrote:
>
>> That's just because hard and long work within the week. At least for me,
>> and I guess it's the same for the other guys.
>
> I know how it can be, but it does sound like you need to increase
> the head count of the inner circle so the possibility of someone
> being able to look at patches increases.

Hi Erik,

Also I think to some extent you have been unlucky and hit a time when
many people happen to be otherwise busy, for instance I know that one
of the primary devs just moved house.  And European holiday season :-)

I am only answering mails not working on the build-system until I
catch up work delays etc.  I have always found that the primary devs
have always been very responsive and helpful, so this period is
unusual.

That said, as Geany seems to be getting more use and additions which
are moving it to be suitable for bigger projects, perhaps a second
tier of developers with extra branches for patches/changes to be
tested could take some of the pressure off the primary guys.