[Geany-devel] ANN: Geany Plugins 0.19 released

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sun Aug 8 22:19:03 UTC 2010

Le 31/07/2010 17:33, Enrico Tröger a écrit :
> On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 01:07:18 +0200, Colomban wrote:
>
> Hey,
>
>> PS: @geany devs: wouldn't it be cool to add the domain from where
>> messages comes in the debug window? Not sure it is easily doable, but
>> would probably be better for debugging purpose :)
>
> Yes, absolutely. I planned to do this but didn't manage to actually
> implement it yet.
Oh, okay.
Anyway while responding to Frank I just felt on the GLib documentation
which made me think handling this would be really easy, so I took a
little look… and I think that the patch attached is pretty good [1].

Regards,
Colomban

[1] hum, there's one issue: the tabulation alignment. Now that there is
a domain prefix, the alignment is not guaranteed to be good for two
different log domains -- and perhaps even for a single one if the added
offset changes the amount of needed tabulations for a particular log
level. This said, this last issue would be easy to fix by replacing
tabulations by spaces in the prefix returned by get_log_prefix().