[Geany-devel] ANN: Geany Plugins 0.19 released

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sun Aug 8 22:01:37 UTC 2010

Le 08/08/2010 23:39, Frank Lanitz a écrit :
> On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 01:07:18 +0200
> Colomban Wendling <lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:
>
>> PS: @geany devs: wouldn't it be cool to add the domain from where
>> messages comes in the debug window? Not sure it is easily doable, but
>> would probably be better for debugging purpose :)
>
> Sorry, don't get this. Can you give an example here?
Haha, don't worry Frank, it has nothing to do with translation domains
;) -- I'm kidding.

No, I talk about GLib's LOG_DOMAINs [1]: when logging an
error/warning/info with the GLib's mechanisms, it may have an associated
domain which is useful to know what/who triggered it.
For example, GLib's domain is Glib, GTK's one is Gtk and so on, which
gives entries of the form "Glib-CRITICAL: foo" or "Gtk-WARNING: bar",
"Geany-INFO: baz" and so on.
On the standard error output the log domain is visible, but not in the
message window (and then we only have "CRITICAL: foo" or "INFO: baz"),
which isn't as perfect to identify the messages.

Regards,
Colomban

[1] See G_LOG_DOMAIN in the GLib's docs