[Geany-devel] Open files in Geany at the same workspace

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Thu Aug 5 18:33:25 UTC 2010

On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 09:14:17 +1000
Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+tools at mega-nerd.com> wrote:

> The following bug on sf.net:
>
>     http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2896027&group_id=153444&atid=787794
>
> states:
>
>     If I work, I have often open more projects on more workspaces. And
>     I have more runned Geany, too. But if I want open some file, it is
>     open in window of Geany which was open first. I would like to open
>     file in Geany which is at the same workspaces.

You mean like this? I wrote it shortly after --socket-file was
implemented, and am using it ever since. Should work with any
POSIX-compliant sh.

I prefer a script, because it can be easily altered to, say, check if
the file to be open is somewhere under your main projects directory, and
run geany with a socket name based on the supposed project name.

--
E-gards: Jimmy