[Geany-devel] Building Geany from SVN

Krasimir Angelov kr.angelov at xxxxx
Sun Aug 1 04:47:08 UTC 2010

After I installed intltool, the ./autogen.sh script worked but during
the configuration I got this error:

configure.ac:28: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_INTLTOOL
      See the Autoconf documentation.

Despite this the execution continued and completed successfully.
However when I run make it fails with the error:

Makefile:796: *** missing separator.  Stop.

This is caused by this line in the Makefile:

@INTLTOOL_DESKTOP_RULE@

Which looks like unexpanded macro. If I remove the this line manually
then Geany is built successfully. There is an error for building the
.po files but the Geany executable is compiled and it is usable.
Unfortunately it works but it doesn't show any syntax coloring. My
feeling is that it just cannot find some configuration files because
for instance the word completion and the code folding works fine.

My question is what might be missing for the correct setup of intltool
and how to get the syntactic coloring to work correctly.

Best Regards,
  Krasimir