[Geany-devel] [patch] Improved documents list sorting

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Tue Apr 27 20:35:33 UTC 2010

Enrico Tröger a écrit :
>> Offtopic:
>> But but but… opening 300 empty files with no filetype (loaded as None)
>> took more than 120s! Even though Gedit took 89s to load the same 300
>> files, I think there is a little problem somewhere. Investigating this
>> would be interesting.
>
> I doubt it would be interesting but necessary.
Well, yes indeed.

> I noticed this long time ago already and it's quite annoying and needs
> to be fixed. My first guess without having done any investigations, we
> are doing too much UI updating stuff on bulk loading of files (e.g.
> the previously mentioned resorting of the document list, there are
> probably many more such issues).
I think it isn't only UI stuff because my system monitor shows me (lot
of) I/O, that seems to be heavy disk *writes*, in addition to simple CPU
usage. Note that this happens effectively only after the files being
loaded (hum, after the info about them are shown).

Regards,
Colomban