[Geany-devel] Introducing myself

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Fri Apr 23 11:34:40 UTC 2010

Hi Chris,

Welcome ;)

On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 09:50:35 +0200, Chris Daley <chebizarro at gmail.com>
wrote:
> My name is Chris Daley and I've been working on a small plugin which
> adds various XML/XSL manipulation features to Geany.

Cool. This is something I'm also looking forward. PrettyPrinter XML
plugin is already a big help at my daily work, but would like to see
some more features supporting SGML and its dialects.

> It's been many years since I developed anything in C, and the first
> time with GTK+ so I may be asking some dumb questions and needing some
> seemingly newbie help.

No problem.

> It is rather a lot like riding a bicycle, you
> don't forget but it doesn't mean you don't still fall off every now
> and then...
>
> I hope to have something I can share with the community soon, but I do
> have a "day job" as a humanitarian aid worker which can be
> unpredictable and often means I have to shelve projects for weeks or
> months at a time. Let's see how this one goes :-)

I'm looking forward to hear fro you with some input.

Again, welcome. Please feel free and don't hestiate to ask in case
of any question.

Thanks,
Frank