[Geany-devel] In-memory tagmanager parsing

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Apr 19 17:44:48 UTC 2010

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 16:34:12 +0100, Nick wrote:

>On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 00:34:42 +0200
>Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>
>> >For now the only defect I saw (with C) is with anonymous
>> >enumerations and so (that are named anon_enum_NUM) with which the
>> >NUM increases at each re-parsing (I use document_update_tag_list
>> >(doc, TRUE) to re-parse); but I suppose it wouldn't it too
>> >difficult to fix, would it?.
>
>I don't think this matters, it already happens after saving as well.

Indeed. So this is an issue which can be fixed separately from the
in-memory parsing discussing.
Though I didn't notice it in the last 4 years, and probably most other
users as well. Simply not that critical, IMO.

>> >Enrico Tröger wrote: (on thread Function Definition)
>> >Do you know which parsers would *not* work? And hum, if each and
>> >every
>>
>> All except C, Fortran, SQL and JavaScript.
>> I searched my personal mail archives, the Geany and Geany-devel
>> mailing list archives and everything but I didn't find any
>> correspondance where I mentioned that experiemental code I
>> committed :(. Though I was very sure (until I didn't find any
>> related mail) that I talked to Nick about this, either via personal
>> mail or via a mailing list. Either my memories kid on me or I lost
>> those mails.
>>
>> Nick do you remember any conversion with me about this and maybe
>> still have the relevant mails?
>
>I remember we discussed this but no details - I can't find the email
>(s).

Weird. Anyway, thanks for looking for.