[Geany-devel] Auto-completion of struct/class (C/C++) members overriden by normal auto-completion

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Apr 18 08:53:08 UTC 2010

On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 18:02:19 +0200, Thomas wrote:

>Hey,
>
>I think I found a bug. If you have a struct completition list open
>(e.g. after typing the dot after foo where foo is an instance of a
>struct) you normally get a completion list with only the members. If
>you then type further until you typed the number of characters needed
>for the normal list, then the normal list pops up (the one which has
>all sorts of stuffs like functions etc) and the struct-specific one is
>destroyed.
>
>I think this is a bug because the current code tries to proted the
>struct-list.
>
>I have a proposed fix in my git repo, you can see it here:
>http://repo.or.cz/w/geany-mirror/kugel-geany.git/commit/e6a4fd1ad407d9c07bf965fe682bbd858285a87a

Looks good to me.
Anyway, could you provide a simple test case to verify the old and new
behaviour? I tried but all my attempts worked (that doesn't mean much
only that my test cases were wrong :D).