[Geany-devel] Function Definition

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Apr 18 08:46:00 UTC 2010

On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 14:55:40 +0200, Colomban wrote:

>jordan a écrit :
>> […] however
>> this method seems broken as after the first comment block is inserted
>> any tags below the insertion no longer have a valid line number until
>> the application is saved.
>>
>> I notice this behavior is also present in the symbol browser of
>> Geany, if you add some lines and try to go to a symbol using the
>> symbol browser it will take you to the wrong line, is there any way
>> to force an update of the tags after my plugin inserts the text?
>> -Jordan
>The only way (for now) is to save the file, which will update the tag
>list. See
>http://lists.uvena.de/pipermail/geany-devel/2009-March/000535.html for
>other details (yay, I had the same problem).
>To fix this it would need to make tm_source_file_buffer_update() work,
>which according to Enrico is not the case for now.

Some time ago, I started working on this but it never really worked and
additionally, it could work currently only for a few parsers (some of
those are C, Fortran, SQL IIRC). To get it working reliably, some more
work is needed and we would have to adjust *all* existing parsers which
is by no means an easy task.