[Geany-devel] Set breakpoint in Geany

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Apr 18 08:22:31 UTC 2010

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 02:29:51 +0200, Lai wrote:

Hi,

>I'm trying to set a breakpoint as a marker in Geany, I'm studying the
>mecanism of using the notification SCN_MARGINCLICK of scintilla to be
>able to set a breakpoint whenever the user clicks into the margin. But
>I don't know how to use the notification and SCNotification. Could
>anyone give me an example of using it? I use C and GTK.

have a look at src/editor.c's on_margin_click() function where exactly
this case is handled.

And as you probably trying to do this for adding some debugging
features, consider using the geanygdb plugin as this already  does add
debugging features to Geany and probably can be easily extended with
this functionality.