[Geany-devel] txt2tags tagmanager patch

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Apr 17 14:01:25 UTC 2010

On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 12:49:23 +0100, Nick wrote:

>On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 22:57:24 +0200
>Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>
>> One question:
>> in txt2tags,c line 89, there is a check
>> ... if (line[0] == '°') ...
>>
>> which doesn't make much sense as you check line[0] which is one byte
>> long (8bit) but the character you want to check is a multi-byte
>> character, in this case it is 2 bytes long. So, the check can never
>> work really. As I don't know txt2tags, I wonder whether the character
>> to test for is just a typo or whether the code should be adjusted to
>> properly check for a multi-byte character (e.g. with strncmp()).
>>
>> So far I committed it, but it needs to be fixed. It also causes an
>> appropriate compiler warnings.
>
>For now I changed it to use strcmp to avoid the warnings.

I was about to give the txt2tags parser a little love and stumbled
again on the '°' check. I have no idea what this is meant to match. I
didn't find any reference in the txt2tags documentation though I only
had a quick look.
Also, if a '°' would be found, it would be assigned to 'struct' but in
symbols.c there is no reference in the corresponding switch case, so
that has never worked before.

I tend to remove this check if nobody complains and/or has an idea what
i was meant for.