[Geany-devel] Function Definition

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sat Apr 17 12:55:40 UTC 2010

jordan a écrit :
> […] however
> this method seems broken as after the first comment block is inserted
> any tags below the insertion no longer have a valid line number until
> the application is saved.
>
> I notice this behavior is also present in the symbol browser of Geany,
> if you add some lines and try to go to a symbol using the symbol browser
> it will take you to the wrong line, is there any way to force an update
> of the tags after my plugin inserts the text?
> -Jordan
The only way (for now) is to save the file, which will update the tag
list. See
http://lists.uvena.de/pipermail/geany-devel/2009-March/000535.html for
other details (yay, I had the same problem).
To fix this it would need to make tm_source_file_buffer_update() work,
which according to Enrico is not the case for now.

I trick if you want to do insertion sequences at once would be to start
inserting from the end of the file, which would not modify the upper
tags… yep, kinda workaround; doesn't work if the user is involved beteen
the insertions.

Regards,
Colomban