[Geany-devel] geany layout

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Sat Apr 10 16:28:13 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 11:37:20 +0300 (EEST)
Enzo Matrix <enzo_01 at abv.bg> wrote:

>> i want to share one my ide about geany interface
> layout and if somebody be interests about it.
>
> "Append toolbar to
> menu" is really nice option but i think that my idea can provide
> additional minimalism, the idea is simple, the toolbar can be moved in
> right of sidebar in top of the editor sheet in the same level as the
> tabs of the sidebar and adding one more combobox for current open files
> (this will recover tabs).
>

>  http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/2769/geanynowlayout.png
>
>  http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/3879/geanylayoutmockup.png
>
> sorry for my bad english

Personal I like the waydoing it via notebook tabs as e.g. I use the X
(close) function quiet often. However, your idea is not bad at all. So
maybe without thinking too much its something can be switch on user's
behalf via an option. However, I guess I will not activate it ;)

Cheers,
Frank
--
Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de>