[Geany-devel] geany layout

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sat Apr 10 10:57:47 UTC 2010

On 10 April 2010 18:37, Enzo Matrix <enzo_01 at abv.bg> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> i want to share one my ide about geany interface layout and if somebody be
> interests about it.
>
> "Append toolbar to menu" is really nice option but i think that my idea can
> provide additional minimalism, the idea is simple, the toolbar can be moved
> in right of sidebar in top of the editor sheet in the same level as the tabs
> of the sidebar and adding one more combobox for current open files (this
> will recover tabs).
>

> http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/2769/geanynowlayout.png
>
> http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/3879/geanylayoutmockup.png
>
> sorry for my bad english
>
> Regards!
> Dimitrov Adrian

I'm not sure what you gain by removing the document tabs altogether.

I for one always want to know what I have open and having the tabs makes it
visible without having to look in a hidden list.

But I also want the maximum vertical space so I have put the tabs to the
left, modern widescreen displays have plenty of horizontal space so thats no
problem.

For me its a feature that adds to the code without any added benefit so I'm
not for it  but I'm not heavily against it either.