[Geany-devel] Question about using scintilla to create a simple debug plugin

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Apr 6 00:08:25 UTC 2010

On 6 April 2010 09:26, Lai Hoang Nam <laihoangnam at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to create a simple debug plugin for Geany and I want to work
> with the markers.
> In fact, I tried to create a marker in the plugin_init and delete it in the
> plugin_cleanup:
>
> #define SSM(m, w, l) scintilla_send_message(sci, m, w, l)
> void plugin_init(GeanyData *data) {
>     ScintillaObject* sci = document_get_current()->editor->sci;
>     SSM(SCI_MARKERDEFINE, 0, SC_MARK_CIRCLE);
>     markerHandle = SSM(SCI_MARKERADD, 28, 0);
> }
>
> void plugin_cleanup(void) {
>     SSM(SCI_MARKERDELETEHANDLE, markerHandle, 0);
> }
>
> and the result is that the marker is created successfully but when the
> plugin is unloaded, Geany is exited immediately.
> I have tried to remove the marker with the other messages
> (SCI_MARKERDELETE, SCI_MARKERDELETEALL) but that error still exists and I
> don't know why.
>
> Thank you very much for your help!

Hi,

You don't say which language you are creating the debugger for, but note
that there is already a plugin front end for gdb which supports C,C++,
Pascal, Ada, Fortran etc.

Looking at the source of that plugin may help provide you with a known
working outline of a debugger plugin (or save the effort if its a gdb
supported language)