[Geany-devel] Uses of filetype build commands in a project

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Apr 1 16:42:41 UTC 2010

Hi,
As we have discussed a little whether project filetype commands are
worth having, I thought I'd share what I've begun to use them for
lately when working on Geany.

reStructuredText:
Manual	make doc
Hacking	make hacking-doc	%p/doc directory

'Manual' is for when I'm editing doc/geany.txt.
'Hacking' is for when I'm editing HACKING.

C:
API	make api-doc	%p/doc directory

This generates the API docs and is available for any C file I might be
editing.

When I close my Geany project, the default filetype commands are
unaffected. I think project filetype commands are really useful.

Regards,
Nick