[Geany-devel] [question] Using make --quiet to build geany-plugins

Chow Loong Jin hyperair at xxxxx
Mon Sep 21 07:59:01 UTC 2009

On Saturday 19,September,2009 01:09 AM, Eugene Arshinov wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I have a little insignificant question related to make and autotools.
> When I compile some little programs, I usually use `make --quiet', so
> that `make' does not print executed commands, and it is easy to see
> compiler messages. Unfortunately, when building geany-plugins with
> `make --quiet', I still see "libtool: compile: ..." and "libtool:
> link: ..." messages (see example in citation below). Can I make libtool
> quiet too?
>
> Best regards,
> Eugene.

I've just committed a change that turns on AM_SILENT_RULES if it is supported by
your automake. Just svn update and call autogen.sh. If that doesn't suit your
tastes, you can try something like `make -s LIBTOOLFLAGS=--silent` which should
shut libtool up for good.

--
Kind regards,
Chow Loong Jin